Friday, February 5, 2010

Good news from the world of packaged goods

Generally I'm not very invested in package design. I don't pay much attention to it, although there are a lot of folks who do and that's pretty much their whole day. When someone decides to re-design the packaging on one of the products that I use, there had better be some really compelling reasons behind it (less materials used, eco-friendly, etc.), not just creative wank, or I get all grumbly. Don't make me grumbly. You wouldn't like it when I'm grumbly.

However I just saw a tweet from ad agency Cundari about how Heinz has redesigned the ketchup packet. Whaaaa? Check it out.

I love it! Squeeze AND dip options? Brilliant! I hate ketchup packets and all packet-based technology! I hope they distribute them soon.

Good on Heinz! The jury is still out on those upside-down squeeze bottles, however. I keep putting them back in the fridge the wrong way up.