Thursday, December 10, 2009

Smackdown! Squarespace VS Wordpress

So the time is almost nigh for me to move this blog from Google's Blogger to something a little higher-end. I started here because I wanted a blog space that:
a) was free
b) was idiot-proof, in terms of set up (whew!)

And indeed it has been (free and idiot-proof). So, thanks Google!

Moving forward I'd like my new blog to have additional options and be more visually interesting. I asked the question on some of my LinkedIn groups: what's your pick for best blogging publisher? The response lay divided between two camps: Squarespace and Wordpress.

SMACKDOWN!

I love a good smackdown. In the next few days I'm going to build my new blog on both sites and determine which is the better choice for me.

What I'm looking for:
- Easy to configure; can I put each section where I want it?
- Ability to (correctly) move over my existing posts from this blog
- Widgets that not only work, but look professional
- Design options that let me customize a template so that my site is both well-designed and unique amongst blogs
- Ability to monitor my traffic

Stay tuned!