Thursday, October 22, 2009

One Degree is closing down. Boo!

This is some sad news! I really liked One Degree (duh - I have them as a link on the side panel of my blog). I feel it really stood out in the world of digital marketing online publications. I enjoyed their uncluttered, no-nonsense design, the fun and user-centric tone and language and of course, I really liked their content.

One Degree was also the first RSS feed I subscribed to, back when I had no idea what an RSS feed was. Reading their content was one of the things that inspired me to, well – keep reading about all this interactive and social media “stuff”.

I’m really bummed they called it quits, but I guess you can’t argue with the money. I try not to argue with the money, at any rate, because I never win those arguments. It’s like disagreeing with my mother: futile and a little scary. No, I don’t know what that means either.

At any rate, cheers to the good folks at One Degree, especially Kate Trgovac, to whom I wish all the best.